Vanilla Bacon Parmesan Crackers
These crackers were part of my Twisted PB&J dish from the 2012 Alive! Expo cooking competition. They were so popular, I decided to share the recipe!
- 4 c. flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/4 bacon fat*
- 1 1/3 c. whole milk
- 1 c. cooked bacon crumbles
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs melted bacon fat (separate)
- 1 Tbs Kosher salt
- 1/2 c. finely shredded Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Cabernet wine jelly (optional)
- Peanut or nut butter (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Cut in 1/4 c. bacon fat.
- Stir in milk, then mix to form a dough.
- Add in bacon crumbles.
- Roll out very thin on a floured cutting board.
- Move to a baking sheet.
- Mix vanilla and melted bacon fat, brush on top of crackers.
- Sprinkle with salt and shredded cheese.
- Lightly score dough into triangles or squares.
- Put in oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve with Dark Chocolate Cherry Cabernet wine jelly and peanut butter or by themselves.
*Note- Can use butter instead of bacon fat.